For my passion project at Academy Xi I created ClothesCrowd, an online community that helped parents buy and sell high quality, pre-loved children’s clothes.
HOW MIGHT WE…
Help parents minimise wastage of clothes as their children grow?
Who Are We Helping?
What Are Their Goals?
- Saving money on kids clothes
- Getting ahead in life
- Nurturing their family
What’s Stopping Them From Becoming Who They Want To Be?
- Rising cost of living – clothing children becomes expensive
- Work-life balance – parenting is an eternal juggling act
- Uncertainty about the future – may have children later, so clothes are stored away.
What Is Their As-Is Process?
Build a solution that is a better experience than storing and disposing clothes that children have grown out of.
What Matters To Parents Is…
THE IDEA – ClothesCrowd
I believe that building a community for parents of young children will help them minimise waste of clothes as their kids grow. I will know this to be true when I see members joining the community in order to obtain other parents’ kids’ clothes for their own kids to wear.
Parents will want to browse for kids clothes put submitted to ClothesCrowd through a mobile e-commerce app.
- From initial research, it seemed that parents wanted to see themselves as being generous and altruistic. Assuming ClothesCrowd would help them do this, they would want to share the app on social media every time they did a key action, e.g. buying, sharing clothes, etc
- I’d work with the Product Marketing Manager to build social media campaigns, targeting visually heavy platforms like Instagram or Pinterest, designing easy-to-share pages.
- I would create a campaign to invite frequent users of the app to become ambassadors, rewarding them whenever they made suggestions we implemented.